The early application deadline is January 15. You are encouraged to meet this deadline as early applicants receive priority consideration for available scholarships, etc. However, the program offers a rolling deadline until April 15.
You can access the online application as well as information about the application and admissions process on the Graduate School Admissions website. Follow directions for the Arts & Sciences (Reynolda) application process.
- Unofficial transcripts from undergraduate or, if applicable, graduate institutions.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of interest that speaks to your filmmaking goals and your interest in the program.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
- Portfolio material is requested, but not required.
- An applicant may be invited by the department for an interview either in person or via Zoom.
Plan a Visit
We highly encourage visits to the DFP as we want you to experience our unique learning environment and hear about the program directly from our students.
We do ask that you schedule a visit in advance so we can ensure your visit is as productive as possible.