annie headshotThe DFP is delighted to announce third-year student Annie Danzi has landed a position at Frostburg State University in Maryland as an Assistant Professor of Mass Communication. She will be teaching courses in video production, TV studio production, and electronic media, and will work within the department’s new state-of-the-art Center for Communications and Information Technology.

“In the time that I have spent at Wake Forest University pursuing my MFA in the Documentary Film Program, I have grown tremendously,” says Danzi. “With the profound guidance of the DFP faculty I have been able to determine exactly which path is best for me as an artist and future educator, and take strides toward achieving my career goals.”

In addition to completing her coursework and multimedia MFA project, Follow Me Girls, during the 2013-2014 school year, Danzi held various leadership positions, including serving as event director for a screening of “Artists of the Holocaust: A Collection of Short Films” in conjunction with the WFU Humanities Institute, completing two teaching assistantships, and representing her class on the DFP Council. She will begin her position in Fall 2014.